We want to ensure that Pulaski County citizens are provided with current and factual information about COVID-19. Below you will find the latest news and reminders.
Just a reminder that Governor Hutchinson hosts a daily press briefing here: https://www.youtube.com/c/GovernorAsaHutchinson/live. Please subscribe to receive notifications when the press briefing begins.
Pulaski County Activity
- The County Judge continues to communicate with the county health officer, Dr. Tobias Vancil; the county emergency management director; and state public health leaders.
- Pulaski County participates in a daily COVID-19 Conference Call with the Arkansas Division of Emergency Management, the Arkansas Department of Health and other state/local government agencies. During the call, the county is provided with guidance and resources to communicate with employees and citizens.
- As a precaution, Quorum Court members canceled the March 24 meeting.
- By executive order, county buildings have been closed to visitors. There is limited access to the county courthouse in cases of protection orders.
- The Road and Bridge Department is operating on a rotating schedule to minimize potential exposure.We encourage the community to use our Pulaski Works app or call in service requests at 501-340-6800.
- Animal Services addressing emergency calls only. Pulaski County Sanitation is operating as usual. Waste Management is operating as normal. Recycling is picked up as normal.
- The Arkansas Department of Health has provided guidance for getting tested at https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/covid-19-guidance-for-getting-tested
- If you feel that you or someone you know may have symptoms of COVID-19, UAMS has a free online screening tool at https://uamshealth.com/healthnow/. UAMS also offers driving through screening. See location and hours here: https://uamshealth.com/location/covid-19-drive-thru-screening/.
COVID-19 Information Resources
- The State of Arkansas has created a landing page specifically for COVID-19 information, news, updates and resources. https://govstatus.egov.com/ar-covid-19.
- The Arkansas Department of Health has created an interactive map that shows the U.S. total and total cases in Arkansas by county. https://adem.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f533ac8a8b6040e5896b05b47b17a647
Social Media Rumor Control
There are several rumors on social media regarding 911 calls, the National Guard, hospital supplies and tips to prevent or cure COVID-19. Please help us combat the spread misinformation by not forwarding rumors to coworkers, family and friends. Seek out information from reputable public health agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control, Arkansas Department of Health and Arkansas Division of Emergency Management. Please protect your mental health by limiting your news and social media consumption. See information and tips on managing stress and anxiety from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
Please be safe, practice social distancing and good personal hygiene. Wash those hands!