In 2016, Pulaski County Quorum Court passed an ordinance providing county taxpayers the opportunity to contribute an additional $5 to their business or personal property tax payments. Funds contributed will go directly to the “Pulaski County Animal Control Spay and Neuter Fund.” The purpose of the fund is to provide pet owners with financial assistance through a variety of methods, which may include:
- Financial vouchers (i.e. discounts) with animal shelters,
- Financial vouchers with partnering veterinary clinics,
- Special spay and neuter clinics organized, publicized and held throughout the various county communities, and
- Possible access to mobile spay and neuter clinics in target neighborhoods.
- Services will be limited to spay/neuter, vaccinations against preventable diseases and wellness screenings.
“We are proud to say that this fund is an expansion of our pilot program with ‘Arkansans for Animals,’” said County Judge Barry Hyde. “Through this pilot program, significant strides have been accomplished toward controlling our stray pet population. Seeing its success provided evidence to support the ordinance that created the fund,” he said.
Pulaski County residents have two options to GIVE 5: use the $5 voluntary tax payment coupon when paying by check or check the “animal control” box via the online payment system.
For questions about the Spay and Neuter Fund or the ordinance call 501-340-8523 or visit http://pulaskicountytreasurer.net/voluntary/. For more information on how or where to pay your personal property tax, visit http://pulaskicountytreasurer.net/.