Interested individuals must come to the Personnel Office to complete an application for the position between the hours of 8:00 and 5:00, Monday through Friday OR online. The Human Resources Office is located in Suite 100 of the Pulaski County Administration Building – 201 S. Broadway Suite 100, Little Rock, AR 72201.
POSITION: Health / Wellness Coordinator
This position is open to County employees and the General Public
POSITION NO: 19
STARTING SALARY: $36,388 – $40,930
DEPARTMENT: Comptroller (4100)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: To develop and administer an employee health/wellness program and coordinate an employee health/wellness committee dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles for employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops a planning process for improvement of employee health and wellness.
- Works with Human Resources, benefits consultants, and health insurance providers to obtain information concerning employee health statistics and prioritization of employee health issues.
- Identifies key employee health issues and techniques to engage employees in health improvement areas.
- Coordinates a health/wellness committee including representation from offices of elected officials and departments to identify key issues and challenges to employees enjoying healthy lifestyles.
- Utilizes programs, training, and reinforcement tools available through benefit providers, health care providers, and community partners to motivate and promote health and wellness.
- Researches available grant sources for employee wellness programs; completes grant applications when approved.
- Administers health/wellness grants ensuring compliance with grant programmatic and fiscal requirements and stipulations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community employers and organizations to enhance the employee wellness program.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Ability to communicate effectively orally in person and to large groups.
Visual acuity needed to obtain data from a computer monitor.
Manual dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard, and other audio/visual equipment.
Work is primarily performed in a smoke free office environment. Occasional travel to various County work sites and community locations is required.
Completion of a bachelor’s degree in public health, marketing, public relations, or a related field; considerable experience with a wellness, public health, or related program administration; or any combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
CLOSE DATE: 06-02-2017 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and all applications have been received by the selecting official.