Interested individuals must come to the Human Resources Office to complete an application for the position between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or online at www.pulaskicounty.net. The Human Resources Office is located in Suite 100 of the Pulaski County Administration Building, 201 South Broadway, Little Rock, Arkansas, 72201.
POSITION: GRANTS ADMINISTRATOR
This position is open to County Employees and the General Public.
POSITION NO: 06
STARTING SALARY: $40,024-$45,023
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICES (4200)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY/FUNCTION: Responsible for the preparation of grant applications, fiscal management of grant funds and monitoring performance for compliance of grant objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives input from department director as to need for grant programs.
- Researches the availability, application process, eligibility criteria and funding requirements of federal, state and local programs for project funding.
- Writes grant applications and ordinances for director’s review and County Judge’s approval for submission to funding source.
- Prepares Excel spreadsheets for each grant monitoring all grant receipts and authorizing expenditures.
- Prepares required financial status reports for local, state, and federal agencies.
- Identifies need for modifications in grant fund budget; prepares budget changes and ordinance amendments.
- Maintains grant files in preparation for annual audit which determines if record keeping is in compliance with auditing standards and relevant grant, state, and federal guidelines.
- Appears before public hearing and relates information on grants such as purpose, status, availability and requirements of grants.
- Conducts training sessions to instruct grant recipients as to grant objectives, requirements, performance regulations and other grant-related information.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or a related area.
- Considerable work experience in Grants Administration, Fiscal Management, Program Development or a related field; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background examination.
OPEN DATE: 06-16-2017
CLOSE DATE: 06-30-2017 (5:00 p.m.)
Please Note: Applications will not be accepted after the Close Date. A selection will not be made until the Close Date and the selecting official has received all applications.